Bauernbrot – Farmers breadCourse: Sides
300 g wheat flour type 405
280 g wheat flour type 1050
2 teaspoons of salt
1 package dry yeast
380 ml lukewarm water
- Mix the flour with sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add dry yeast and 380 ml of lukewarm water and knead everything with the dough hook of the hand mixer for 5 minutes to a smooth dough.
- Cover and let rise for circa 60 minutes.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface to form a round loaf.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, cover and let rest for circa 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (convection: 200 degrees).
- Brush the bread with water.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees (convection: 180 degrees) and bake the bread for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely.