Erbsensuppe – Pea soupCourse: Soups
300 g green split peas
1 bunch of soup vegetables
100 g ham cubes
2 tablespoons oil
1 l vegetable broth
300 g potatoes
4 Vienna sausages
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
0.5 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- Bring the peas to the boil in 1.3 l water, simmer openly for circa 45 minutes.
- Then pour the peas into a sieve, collect circa 500 ml of the cooking water.
- Peel the onion and dice finely.
- Clean the soup vegetables and dice finely.
- Sautée the onion and ham cubes in oil, add the soup vegetables and stew for circa 3 minutes.
- Pour in the cooking water, vegetable broth and add the peas, cook everything for circa 20 minutes with the lid on.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes, cut into circa 1 cm cubes, add to the soup, simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Wash parsley, shake dry, chop finely.
- Season the pea soup with salt and pepper to taste, add the sausages and heat up briefly.
- Then distribute the soup on deep plates and serve sprinkled with parsley.