Artichoke, whose olive oil dish is especially loved by many people and rich in fiber, is actually a type of thistle, although it is considered a vegetable. This plant, which was born in the Mediterranean, has also been used for medicinal purposes for years. In recent years, it is also seen as a supplement due to the different components it contains. With its low carb content and highly nutritious, artichokes can be steamed, baked, grilled or sautéed. It can be further flavored with spices. The artichoke, which is enough to be steamed for 20-40 minutes, can be cooked in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. In addition to the heart, the leaves can also be eaten by peeling them with the help of teeth.
10 known benefits of artichokes…
1. High Nutrition Value
2. Balances Cholesterol
3. Helps Regulate Blood Pressure
4. Beneficial for Liver Health
5. Supports the Digestive System
6. May Relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms
7. May Lower Blood Sugar
8. May Lower Cancer Risk
9. May Reduce Risk of Birth Defects
10. May Boost the Immune System
Zeytinyağlı Enginar Tarifi – Artichoke Recipe with Olive OilCourse: Sides
Juice of half a lemon (for rubbing the artichokes)
1 cup peas (boiled or canned)
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sugar
1.5 teaspoons salt
1 glass of water
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into small cubes and put them in the pot, add enough water to cover them and let them boil for 10 minutes. It is important that the vegetables are not fully cooked here, they should remain slightly alive.
- After our vegetables are cooked, let’s drain the water and keep it aside.
- Let’s take our peas in a separate pot, add water and boil them until they are soft. You can also use canned peas if you prefer. Let’s drain the water of our boiled peas and keep them aside.
- Chop the onion for food and fry it in half a tea glass of olive oil until it turns slightly pink.
- Let’s add potatoes and carrots on it. Add the boiled peas and mix for 1-2 minutes and remove from the stove.
- Let’s put our artichokes in a suitable bowl, rub them with the juice of half a lemon and put them in the pot.
- Let’s share out the vegetables we prepared in the middle parts, and share out the remaining garniture on the artichokes.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and water and close the lid of the pot.
- Let’s cook on medium heat until our food boils, then cook on low heat until the artichokes soften. This process will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Let’s take our cooked artichokes from the stove and let them cool. Then, let’s take it on a serving plate and pour its water in the pot over it and serve. You can also decorate it with dill.
- Enjoy your meal.