1 kg okra
7 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
Salt and sugar
juice of 1 lemon
- Wash the okra with plenty of water.
- After washing, clean the handle parts by cutting them in a cone shape with the help of a knife.
- Pour the juice of 1 lemon on the cleaned and washed okra.
- Take 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the diced onions in this oil until they turn pink.
- Add finely chopped garlic and pepper paste on top of the pinking onions and mix quickly.
- After peeling the skins, add the tomatoes you cut into cubes and fry well.
- Finally, add the okra to the pot with the lemon juice in it. After adding salt and sugar, pour hot water on it, mix it gently once and close the lid of the pot.
- Let your okra cook for about 25 minutes on low heat with the lid closed.
- Check it and when the okra is soft and cooked, turn off the stove and keep it aside until it gets warm.
- After the okras are warm, put them on a serving plate and pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top and serve with lemon slices. Enjoy your meal.