This is healthy and important to include in your diet because…
Eggs are a good source of not only proteins, but also vitamins and minerals. Potatoes contain a large deal of carbohydrates (which are essential to provide us energy enough), potassium, water, and fiber. The latter is crucial as it regulates the body’s use of sugars.
If onion is added, as in this case, the meal will have an antioxidant effect and this product contains both purifying and diuretic properties. They favor the elimination of liquids in the organism.
It is important however to regulate the amount of calories, which can be easily dealt with by roasting the potatoes.
Amazing gluten and lactose free meal for the entire family!
Tortilla de patatasCourse: Main
200g of onion
400g of potatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
½ measure of olive oil (typical from Spain)
- Wash the onion, peel it and chop it in medium size dices.
- Clean the potatoes with water, peel them and then chop them in a half moon form with a ½ centimetre thickness.
- Mix all of it in the skillet and flavour it as you prefer. Fry it for 25-30 minutes at low heat.
- Withdraw the fry, drain it and clean the skillet with a dry absorbent paper.
- Reserve the oil for later.
- Crack the eggs, place them in a large bowl and beat them.
- Salt them to your liking.
- Add the potatoes, and the onion and mix well.
- Put the pan back on the heat, add a splash of the reserved oil, and add the mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds until the whole mixture starts to curdle.
- Separate the edges and when you find the omelette cooked enough, place a plate over the pan and turned it over.
- Serve the potato omelette with two slices of bread with tomato and enjoy!