Why is it healthy?
This is healthy because avocado is a tropical fruit that helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides and because of it containing an important amount of monounsaturated fats it helps augment good cholesterol in the blood. Moreover, it is a great natural antioxidant because of its richness in vitamin E, although it’s also rich in vitamins C, K and B6. In addition, it also provides potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and fibre.
Other ingredients that guacamole contain such as tomatoes, lemons, cilantro and onions help fight inflammation, better insulin sensibility and reduce cholesterol quantities in the blood. They are also used as natural antibiotics, to favour digestion and better the immune system.
Guacamole casero – Homemade guacamoleCourse: Sides
1 small onion (40 g approx.)
3 tomatoes (75 g approx.)
- Firstly, cut all the avocados in half.
- Then remove the core by sticking a knife into it and then turning it to finally remove it and keep aside.
- Now with the help of a spoon empty the halves and put it in a bowl.
- With a fork, crush the avocados, but not too much so that it does not look like a purée.
- Cut the onion and tomato into small cubes and leave them aside.
- Chop the cilantro into small pieces.
- Cut both limes in half.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mashed avocado.
- Now add to the crushed avocado the chopped tomato, the chopped onion and the chopped cilantro.
- Try a bit just to see if it needs more cilantro.
- Add a pinch of salt and season to preference.
- Finally, enjoy your homemade guacamole with some nachos.